SubjectRe: [Godwin] Re: Kernel Nazis/LinBSD (was Re: Slashdot shitheads)
On Thu, 13 May 1999, Alexander Viro wrote:
> Darn. If you have questions - *ask* *them*. Sigh... Let me put it
> that way: 99% of things I've seen on slashdot is a collective paranoia of
> pretty aggressive sort. Who cares where you spend your time unless you are

I'm guessing that you are including the comments people post on slashdot
to reach that 99%. If you ignore the comments, slashdot is a fairly good
news site for news of interest to many Linux users. E.g., I want a new video
card to replace my aging Voodoo 1, but the cards I'm interested in don't
have 3D Linux support. As far as I can tell, the most efficient way to
find out when one of them *does* get 3D Linux support is to check the
slashdot headlines every day.

The posted comments are another matter. They've now got a scoring system
running with moderators, and you can tell it you only want to see comments
above a certain score. If you tell it you only want to see comments with
a score of 3 or above, you won't see much drivel.

--Tim Smith

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.051 / U:0.400 seconds]