SubjectHow do you determine the network interface name associated with a PCI devfn?
Hello,

On a CompactPCI system, the association between chassis slot and
the kernel PCI devfn for that slot is easily determined. I am
trying to figure out how to start/stop ethernet interfaces given
just the slot number. At any point in time, the chassis can
have 'm' ethernet cards controlled by 'n' drivers where 'n' < 'm'.
For example, three cards controlled by the de4x5 driver and 2 cards
controlled by the eepro100 driver. Given just the PCI devfn, can I
determine the interface name (like eth5), so that I can stop/start the
corresponding interface. Any way do do this from user space using
ifconfig and other tools.

Thanks,

ap

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.036 / U:0.308 seconds]