SubjectForcing a Crash Dump Log

Hello all,

Ok, so the answer to this might be lurking somewhere on the web in the FAQ, or
on someone's homepage, but I'm a) lazy and b) really, really busy writing a
grant proposal and polishing my paper for Linux Expo.

This is what we want to know:

Forwarded from stan@nascar.fnal.gov on Thursday, May 13, 1999:

Thanks for the info about logging kern messages. We will add this. I guess the
question I have is still the following. On all Sun, Sgi, Dec, Ibm we have a
way to force a kernel to force a copy of memory to swap space. Then on the
boot up the kernel saves this image as a core dump/panic file that can be
examined with a utility like crash or dbx. Can we ask the linux support line
this question.

Stan.

Thanks for the info, in advance.

Dan

Dan Yocum | Phone: (630) 840-8525
Linux/Unix System Administrator | Fax: (630) 840-6345
Computing Division OSS/FSS | email: yocum@fnal.gov .~. L
Fermi National Accelerator Lab | WWW: www-oss.fnal.gov/~yocum/ /V\ I
P.O. Box 500 | // \\ N
Batavia, IL 60510 | "TANSTAAFL" /( )\ U

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.024 / U:2.148 seconds]