SubjectRe: Weird PCI problem
Hello!

> Yes, I know that, and PLX has told me that these bits are hardwired once
> the BIOS has programmed it.

Once the BIOS has programmed it? It should be hard-wired even before
the BIOS touches the register for the first time. :-)

> I have a question though: if it is a hardware problem, then why does the
> card correctly allocates the base address 2 as MEMORY under Windows NT and
> DOS ?? It's at least intriguing that this allocation _only_ fails on Linux
>
> It if was a hardware problem, I would expect the problem to happen in
> _any_ OS.

Huh, this is real black magic ... how was it tested under DOS? Using
a DOS driver for the card?

Have a nice fortnight
--
Martin `MJ' Mares <mj@ucw.cz> http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mj/
"It said, "Insert disk #3," but only two will fit!"