    SubjectRe: lockd SMP safe ? (problem with NFS on 2.2.x)
    thomas@Cuivre.FR.EU.ORG (Thomas Quinot) writes:

    > Dans mail.linux.kernel, Alan Cox écrit :
    > >> "lockd : cannot monitor"
    > >In other words doesnt seem to be running a lock daemon, or if
    > >it is it wont talk to us
    > I have noted the same problem with a 2.2.5 as client and another 2.2.5
    > as server. The server seems to have a lockd process running, and I have
    > found no informative error messages in the logs. What could cause a
    > server's lockd not to be willing to talk to a client?

    The lack of a statd daemon: that's what the above message means. Note
    that both the client & server have to have one running...

    In principle, the server can manage without a statd, but linux clients
    always require one in order to work, so such a server would only
    respond to non-linux clients.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.021 / U:1.040 seconds]