SubjectRe: /usr/src/linux/Documentation/Changes
Hi all.

>>> I am not prepared to do that. I will not fill up my system with
>>> little used junk. This is my last word on the subject, rest
>>> assured that I will never use RPM. Ever.

>> Your choice, just don't blame everyone else for your stupidity.

> the stupidity is the *.rpm file format in this case. not alex
> his choice (or mine or ..)

The stupidity I was referring to was Alex's decision to flame left,
right and centre because the site he found what he was looking for on
was one that only held it in .rpm format and he didn't see the need to
look for other sites with the same package in other formats before
flaming. Within five minutes of reading his email, I had a list of
sites with the same package in various formats, including .tar.Z (yes,
that's right), so I still believe such to be true.

If you're referring to a package being ONLY released in .rpm format,
then I agree that such would be stupid, but such was NOT the case in
this instance, so doesn't apply...

Best wishes from Riley.