SubjectRe: fast EtherChannel support?
On Fri, 30 Apr 1999, Alan Cox wrote:

> Cisco are pretty cool on the whole. They have some stuff they consider
> very proprietary and lots of stuff they dont. The ask cisco was meant
> as in "then go implement it.."
>
> One of the replies I got was a patch for ISL on Linux. Which is cool

Cisco has provided considerable resources to the Linux community here in
the Silicon Valley. They are OK in my book. The fact is that I am working
with someone that has an investment in Cisco's products and are
considering a potential initial rollout of a score of rather
high-performance SMP linux systems and they would like to take advantage
of the capabilities that their Cisco equipment offers. I don't blame them.

On one hand, operability with their existing Cisco infrastructure may
influence their decision to use Linux. On the other hand, the
cost/performance of Linux might influence their thinking about staying
with a Cisco infrastructure.

My gut feeling is that the sooner Cisco can get Linux working completely
with EtherChannel the better for both Linux and Cisco.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.057 / U:0.236 seconds]