    SubjectRe: fast EtherChannel support?
       Date: 	Thu, 29 Apr 1999 14:39:00 -0700 (PDT)
    From: George Bonser <grep@shorelink.com>

    Anybody know if fast etherchannel support is available for Linux?
    This is the Cisco protocol where two to four ethernet interfaces
    can be bound together as one logical high-speed interface.

    In particular, I am looking for said support for dual Intel eepro
    10/100 cards.

    Any projects in prograss at this point?

    None known. Sun provides something similar with their quad fast
    ethernet cards (the cards we do support under Linux), but they call it
    "trunking", I do not know if there is any similarity between the Cisco
    mechanism and what Sun does.

    It sounds like a scheme for which limited or no specifications are
    available publicly.

    Later,
    David S. Miller
    davem@redhat.com

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:2.290 / U:0.272 seconds]