    SubjectRe: Performance Comparision
    > resume it gives you the potential a system have. I suppose
    > that linux have a very well designed and basic memory
    > management but this is not true. Linux outperforms the others

    The Linux MM is very good at some things and not good at others. Its
    algorithms for selecting swap pages are definitely improveable. However
    it is lighter for many things than other OSs and that often more than makes
    up for it

    > Quips and FreeBSD in the same machine 13M net quips. FreeBSD
    > takes 2.5 hours to complete the test and linux in both kernels takes
    > 5 hours ( ?? :( ) The Windoze machine never complete the test

    Thats not a meaningful test btw. The glibc headers take longer to compile
    because of all the extensive standards features and optimisations.

    A valid compile test would be to build say the BSD ones with a BSD
    target compiler on BSD and Linux.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.018 / U:297.592 seconds]