Subjectframe buffer problems
I'm assuming you already know this, but using frame buffer consel, with
matrox accelleration for the g200, when lots of really fast text scrolls
by, such as un tarring the kernel source (2.2.6, by the way) the buffer
seems to hit some sort of overflow and displays just a block of color.
Then if the untarring ends during this strange period, the screen will
not refresh. What you see is a horizontally offset version of the
untarring output, which you can advance through by hitting enter. The
only way I've been able to get the prompt back is by holding enter and
letting it scroll until it hits another weird color patch, then ctrl-l
will work.

This is on an intel PII-400, a Matrox G200 w/ 16mb ram, running debian
patato.

-Aaron Solochek
leko@cmu.edu

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.802 / U:1.040 seconds]