SubjectRe: How to get usefull debugging info...
On Wed, 21 Apr 1999, Steve Dodd wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 20, 1999 at 04:52:46PM -0400, kernel@duct.dhs.org wrote:
>
> > I have a dual processor PII 350. I have been running it for a while with
> > no trouble. Today however it locked up solid. This is something I have
> > never seen in Linux. I have always gotten some error message or
> > something. What I would like to know is what I can do to attempt to get
> > usefull debugging info if this ever happens again.
>
> Just a thought - if you compile in magic SysRq support (under Kernel Hacking
> in the config, I think), then there's an option to dump the registers to the
> console. If the keyboard driver is still working after the lockup, you might
> at least be able to see where it had hung?

There's another option available at e-mind.com too..
He could try the IKD patch and enable both NMI oopser and soft lockup
detection. The box should then oops whether the kbd is still functional
or not.

-Mike

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.061 / U:1.304 seconds]