    SubjectRe: Limit of 6 IDE interfaces?
    On Mon, 19 Apr 1999, Martin Mares wrote:

    > This message doesn't say anything about PCI compliance of the device.
    > It speaks about compatibility with the PCI-IDE standard.

    Ok, that makes sense. It was what prompted my original statement that the
    only thing I could possibly think of would be potential problems with
    some motherboards but a look at the driver source shows no easy way to get
    it above 6 interfaces so the problem is moot anyway. Simply changing
    MAX_HWINT in asm/ide.c will not help because drivers/block/ide.c looks to
    me like it stops looking for additional interfaces after the sixth one.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.018 / U:120.092 seconds]