SubjectRe: Configurable larger physical memory
John Kodis wrote:
> The way I remember this was that folks set this to match however much
> memory they had installed, and that was causing problems. Limiting it
> to full GB ranges should eliminate this problem.

No, I there's another problem of people setting it as high as they
possibly can ("hey, I might put 3G of ram in here someday...") without
realizing that there are tradeoffs and they probably want the default.
I think the question should be phrased as "Limit userspace memory to..."
instead of "Maximum physical memory..." for this reason.