SubjectRe: chipset configuration?
> would use?  Preferably, can anyone tell me if there's something I can
> cat, and exactly how to look at it to know what chipsets are there?
> Right now I'm using the standard defaults:
>
> [*] CMD640 chipset bugfix/support
> [*] RZ1000 chipset bugfix/support

Kill these two.
I highly doubt you have them and if you did, you'd know it by the kernel
telling you so on bootup. RZ1000 was used on older Intel pentium motherboards
and the CMD640 was unfortunately used on quite a few older pentium motherboards
until all the bugs in the chipset reared their heads. Data corruption - a - go
- go unless properly handled.

You can tell if you have them for sure by 'cat'ing /proc/pci or doing 'lspci'
unless you have VLB machines with the god awful things.

Read the header to cmd640.c for a laugh. :)

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.076 / U:0.428 seconds]