SubjectRe: EATA - DPT PM3334UW SCSI HBA v7M.0

> > I am trying to use the DPT 3334 in a news server to do both
> > RAID 1 (for the boot drives) and RAID 0 (for the data).

I have a RAID 5 stack, with HBA v7M.6.

> > It will run fine until the expire (or some other high disk use
> > activity) begins. Then it crashes with many wait_on_bh errors.
> >
> > Has anyone else had problems with the 3334 in the following configuration?

After copying about 20 Gigs worth of files, the driver crapped out on a 2
and half Gig file.

> > Dual 400 PII w/ 512 cache
> > 256 Megs of RAM
> > 2 4 Gig drives (mirrored - 1)
> > 3 9 Gig drives (concat'ed - 0)
> >
> > 2.2.4 linux kernel

PII 400 w/ 512 cache
500 Mb of RAM

2 18 Gig Drives (software RAID 0)
3 18 GIG Drives (PM3334UW RAID 5)

kernel 2.0.37pre9

> > Ideas? Solutions? a gun?
>
> I have a couple of servers in a similar configuration. One of them in
> fact is running a pretty good sized news server. We are running the
> 2.2.5 kernel and haven't heard a peep out of them.
>
> Make sure that you are using the EATA driver not the EATA_DMA driver.
> The EATA_DMA driver is obsolete and we did see some some
> non-deterministic problems when we were using the EATA_DMA drivers,
> especially in an SMP environment.

I am using the EATA/ISA/PCI driver version: 2.59b

Any suggestions for this case?

-dave

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.058 / U:0.056 seconds]