SubjectRe: caps in elf, next itteration (the hack get's bigger)
Hi,

On Thu, 15 Apr 1999 14:15:45 +0100 (BST), alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk (Alan
Cox) said:

>> I thought the VMS security features posted here looked useful.
>> VMS also has file record and transaction support.

> This is seen as a bug by most OS designers.

Not at all. First of all, it is kept outside the kernel: it is more
like a library than anything else (although it _does_ run at a higher
privilege level than user code). Secondly, in a clustered environment
with shared-disk filesystems, having no OS-facility for reliably
accessing shared data would be a critical omission.

--Stephen

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.054 / U:0.564 seconds]