SubjectRe: Linux ping flood on localhost
On Fri, 16 Apr 1999, Philip Blundell wrote:

> >> The net-tools package does not include any `ping' program, let alone the
> >> latest version.
> >
> >Wonder what this is?
>
> I've no idea, but it's not net-tools 1.50 (nor any other version that I
> recognise). Or rather it is, but with some mysterious extra files. Where
> did you get it?

Don't remember. It was pointed out, probably last December (that's the
date on my directory) when I first complained about ping.

Usually (too usually) when I say something doesn't work, somebody
replies with "your tools are no good anymore" -- sometimes with
a suggestion as to where to get new ones. The machines I have at
work don't use "standard distributions". I get whatever someone
tells me to get off the net.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
***** FILE SYSTEM WAS MODIFIED *****
Penguin : Linux version 2.2.5 on an i686 machine (400.59 BogoMips).

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans