SubjectRe: scheduling policy of bottom halfs, task_queues and timers?
In article <199904152101.RAA19761@dcl>, tytso@MIT.EDU writes
> Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 21:05:45 +0100
> From: Roger Gammans <rgammans@computer-surgery.co.uk>
>
> There is another irq to signal the end of the wait time, but obviously
> with isr's or bh's being schedulable a wait_for_irq() is out of the
> question. I presume other drivers have solved this problem.. it seems
> rather nasty though to do it a chain of ISRs.
>
>You don't need to schedule a wait_for_irq().

>The trick is that you have to change how you think about the thread of
>control. If you know you're going to get a second interrupt at the end
>of the wait period, you can simply return from the first interrupt.

Actually my context is a bit more complex, but not a lot.
The trick I needed was to realise that the current context of the driver
could include a function pointer, so we can do a callback on to higher
level driver from the stub driver.

TTFN
--
Roger Gammans