SubjectRe: Maybe Disk Problem.
On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, Pavel Ravits wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I hope you remembering me - I'm the one not having DMA and not knowing
> why ?
> Andre half a month ago he will answer me but nop,
> I sent him now bellow message, but still no answer.
> What to do ?

I'm back and things are still upside down here.
You have not DMA......I remember now.

There are several PIIX4 setups that fail to setup the pci-config space
correctly. I am working on some chipset tuning code as of now.
There are a few bits that need to be set in order for the chipset
to kick into high gear. I have the docs now and the updates.
I have a cleaner method for configuring the drives/devices, but working on
rules for fiddling with pci-space.

> Why don't you answer me ? Monday happened to be half month ago.

Well next was the fire-marshel ordering specific items be changed to
conform to new codes and would not accept a grandfather clause.
There is more, but I am on the trail again and can breathe.

Your case is not unique, there are many reports that I have waded through
to realize that the BIOS on many boards are wacking out.

Andre Hedrick
The Linux IDE guy
http://www.dyer.vanderbilt.edu/server/udma/2.2.5.uniform-ide-6.19.patch.gz

APC UPS Daemon Support Center.
http://www.brisse.dk/site/apcupsd/
GPLed source on April 7, 1999

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.108 / U:0.052 seconds]