SubjectRe: ufs - write support.
On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, Murali Nagaraj wrote:

> no. i just downloaded 2.2.5. it doesn't have write support
> for ufstype "old". the olny types with write support are "sun" and
> "44bsd". still on the lookout for info. looks like i'll have to do it
> myself.
> thanks, murali.

UFS type "old" come from previous read-only implementation of ufs. I
use this type in my implementation also, but I don't have any imformation
about it and I don't know, which systems use it, so I add support for
this type as read-only. If you can give me some info, header files, or
floppy image with some text files, it could try to help you.

By the way, alghoritms of 44bsd is taken from NetBSD kernel sources. It
provide support for some old format. I have implemented this support also,
but I don't know, what is it and I didn't have opportunity to test it. So
if you can loose some data on your disk, you could test it ;-).

Daniel

P.S.: I am not subscribed in linux-kernel.