SubjectRe: smbfs problem with 2.2.5
On Wed, Apr 14, 1999 at 09:21:41AM -0500, Matthew Vanecek wrote:

> "Steven N. Hirsch" wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 13 Apr 1999, Markus Fischer wrote:
> >
> > > When mounting shares, i can access them without problems, but
> > > after some time ( not more than 5 or 10 minutes) i can't access
> > > the shares anymore. Any access try results in a "i/o errror".
> >
> > I'm seeing the same thing here, for another data point.
>
> I was seeing the same thing too, for a while. Now, my NT box doesn't
> stay up long enough to really run a test.

I've lost my recent archives for this list, so I don't know the backgound to
this :( but I thought a while back there was discussion about an enhanced
smbmount that launched a daemon to manage this sort of thing. There was also
a debate as to where the latest version of smbmount, smbfs, etc. could be
found. Have you looked in one of the archives for this discussion? It might
help, it might not. I hope the former :)

S.

--
If breastfeeding a pig is sickening to you, what the hell are you
doing on usenet? -- Aimee, on rec.music.tori-amos