    SubjectRe: NCR5380 stuff (and Oops)
    On Thu, 1 Apr 1999, Olivier Tharan wrote:

    > Le 31 mars 1999, Alan Cox écrivait :
    > > Ok how does this look. I think this correctly interprets the 2,0 drivers
    > > intention unlike 2.2 which as you pointed out got the one case of
    > Apart from the obvious typo, it correctly detects the SCSI card (and the
    > scanner attached to it), but still the driver is subject to Oopses. Here

    Strange. It did hang badly for me - sometimes - _only_ when I tried to use
    interrupts (that do not occur).

    In polling mode it did not oops at all! - while I installed Debian
    base system from CD or ran multiple throughput tests - all over dtc3181e
    (no other scsi controllers or ide disks present).

    It may depend on scanners behaviour :(

    Another note about dtc3181e card - throughput with "native" Win NT drivers
    was even worse than I achieved under Linux.

    That means, give up all hopes to use it for something besides scanner :-/
    or as "_very_ poor man"'s scsi controller.

    > Olivier Tharan, <>

    Ivan Popov <>
    Systemman, Driftavdelningen, Matematiska institutionen, Chalmers

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.046 / U:128.024 seconds]