    SubjectRe: 2.2.2 Bug? RPC: sendmsg returned error 101

    On 8 Mar 1999, Trond Myklebust wrote:

    > Why are you getting ENETUNREACH? In principle that error should never
    > occur at that point unless you've shut down the network in the middle
    > of an RPC request. Please check your links in /etc/rc.d/rc6.d...

    I've been plagued with the same messages ever since the early days of
    knfsd, and have played with the system shutdown sequence endlessly in
    search of a solution. It doesn't happen all the time, and seems related
    to something that tries to hold an open file handle to a remote system
    during shutdown. My sysV sequence most certainly does not try to shut
    down the network prior to the nfs client subsystem - these messages are
    triggered _after_ nfs is downed. Something is trying to hang on for dear
    life, I guess..

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.022 / U:9.724 seconds]