    SubjectWriting to /dev/kmem
    Last time i was playing with /dev/kmem, I tried to change some device
    structures, but write() returns 0 and no changes has been made. As far as
    I saw, it was because addres of structure was greater than high_memory.
    It's strange, addres of this i got from dev_base and walking through next
    to device eth0. Reading was good (but address was still greater than
    high_memory) but writing wasnt complete. Is this kmem_write(which in 2.0.x
    is the same what mem_write, in 2.2.x diffrent but stil bad) bug, or some
    kind of feature? How to change somethnig above high_memory?

    - visit POLnet - new polish IRC net - -

    "Ass is one of the nicest part of human body, but there
    still comes a lot of shit from it"

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.017 / U:15.808 seconds]