    SubjectRe: [SCSI] How to have 3 (necessary?) patches together?
    Alan Cox wrote:

    > > I succeed without problem in compiling a kernel with each separate patch, but anyway I tried to patch, I got some rejected, so I don't know if it's enough secure to test such
    > > patched kernel?
    > >
    > > Is there a special reason for not including those patches together?
    >
    > The fact some of them aren't needed and others have two different solutions
    > to the same problem ?

    Hello,

    Thanks for your answer!

    Could I ask you if you think that the two patches from Joerg Schilling could be included in your
    ac patches without great difficulties?

    In fact under your ac, I've got only one time a problem during burning a CD: that's not so much...

    In the man page from cdrecord, there is:

    When using cdrecord with the broken Linux SCSI generic
    driver. You should note that cdrecord uses a hack, that
    tries to emulate the functionality of the scg driver.
    Unfortunately, the sg driver on Linux has several severe
    bugs:

    o It cannot see if a SCSI command could not be sent
    at all.

    o It cannot get the SCSI status byte. Cdrecord for
    that reason cannot report failing SCSI commands in
    some situations.

    o It cannot get real DMA count of transfer. Cdrecord
    cannot tell you if there is an DMA residual count.

    o It cannot get number of bytes valid in auto sense
    data. Cdrecord cannot tell you if device transfers
    no sense data at all.

    o It fetches to few data in auto request sense
    (CCS/SCSI-2/SCSI-3 needs >= 18).

    Thanks,

    Greg mailto:gregoire.favre@urbanet.ch
    Gregoire Favre, Institut de Mathématique de l'Universite de Lausanne
    +41 21 692 35 73, http://www.unil.ch/ima/docs/Personnes/gfavre

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.043 / U:0.672 seconds]