SubjectRe: EXT2_UNRM_FL
In message <199903041957.GAA15732@vindaloo.atnf.CSIRO.AU>, Richard Gooch writes
:
+-----
| My utility preserves the full pathname in the wastebasket. So, for
| example, if I remove /home/rgooch/fred then it gets moved to
| $WASTEBASKET/home/rgooch/fred
+--->8

Shouldn't it only preserve the part of the pathname after the mountpoint? If
the partition is mounted somewhere else for some reason, an undelete should
still restore the file to its old location within that partition.

(I have code for this kind of thing stashed away somewhere as well. Never
fully implemented it, as I don't want it for myself.)

--
brandon s. allbery [os/2][linux][solaris][japh] allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator [WAY too many hats] allbery@ece.cmu.edu