SubjectRe: EXT2_UNRM_FL
Pavel Machek writes:
> Hi!
>
> > OK, so do it in the C library, or write a wrapper for unlink(3) and
> > use LD_PRELOAD and override that way. That just leaves old statically
> > linked binaries. I don't consider this feature to be sufficiently
> > critical such that old static binaries need it.
>
> I actually did this one in LD_PRELOAD-able way.
>
> Showstoppers were:
>
> 1) Directory /trashcan grows _really_ quickly, and ext2 does poor job
> handling big directories

My utility preserves the full pathname in the wastebasket. So, for
example, if I remove /home/rgooch/fred then it gets moved to
$WASTEBASKET/home/rgooch/fred

All you need is a daemon like Ted suggested to poll the FS free blocks
count, and start purging when you fall below a threshold.

> 2) I never got to writing nice cleaner daemon.

Yep, that bit is useful :-)

> PS: Ask me for sources if you have solution for 2).

I've already got my own ;-)

Regards,

Richard....

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.055 / U:0.580 seconds]