SubjectRe: sb vibra config and sound+scsi=dropouts
On Wed, 3 Mar 1999, Alan Cox wrote:
> > This is exactly the problem I've lived with for over a year.... can anyopne
> > explain it to me?
>
> Sure. Some vibra16 cards have two eight bit channels not one eight, one sixteen
> as most of these cards and the SB16 proper do. Creative labs refuse to tell me
> how to handle these cards. These cards are not fully supported.

Since Creative seems to have run short of cash and had to economize on
product names, is there someone who can identify the actual CTnnnn (or
whatever) part number of the boards that are like this? There have been a
dozen different (and I do mean *different*) cards all sold as Sound
Blaster 16, and now it appears they are pulling the same reprehensible
trick with the Vibras.

--
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer mwood@IUPUI.Edu
Specializing in unusual perspectives for more than twenty years.