    SubjectRe: Suspend to Disk - Intel Architecture

    > For purposes of both learning more about the Intel architecture and
    > the Linux kernel, and doing something useful for my Toshiba 410CDT
    > laptop, I am attempting to write some simple(I hope) suspend to disk
    > code for Linux. I remember seeing a similar thread discussed a while
    > ago, but I plan on using a different method. I am taking the approach
    > of dumping an entire snapshot of memory to a partition, and then when
    > I get that working, a file.

    This is what snapshot does, with exceptions:

    it dumps to swap partition

    it does not dump unused memory.

    The best software in life is free (not shareware)! Pavel
    GCM d? s-: !g p?:+ au- a--@ w+ v- C++@ UL+++ L++ N++ E++ W--- M- Y- R+

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.019 / U:1.144 seconds]