    SubjectRe: Proposal: Aegis to manage Linux kernel development
    Peter Miller wrote:

    > [ about Aegis ] http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~millerp/aegis/

    A few questions:

    - If I receive an Aegis changeset, how do I contextually eyeball
    its effects on the current repository? This is clearly
    something the kernel maintainers wish to do quickly and easily.

    - Is there support for forward branching? (right term?). Where a
    patch to a branched earlier release can be fed forward into
    the current. The Linux kernel isn't big/complex enough to
    need this, but it's nice for other stuff.

    - If a change set has been committed to the main repository
    is it possible (easy) to see each of the individual changes
    which made up that changeset?

    If so, can a single one of those be backed out?

    - How does it implement the three-way merge? And what's your
    experience with the 3way merge? Does it work? I've always
    felt they're a bit scary.

    Thanks.