SubjectRe: NetGear FA310TX/tulip.c
On Thu, 25 Mar 1999, Alan Cox wrote:
> > The PCI/sound problems affect all chipsets not just VIA.
> The ISA DMA 16bit sound problem is VIA specific. And its a bug. And its
> a right royal pain in the arse.

What DMA problem is this? The only DMA problem im aware if is "trickle DMA
on PCI sound cards and PCI video cards hogging the bus" problem. Eg the
old Matrox PCI video killing sound bug.

FWIW I havent had any problems with CS4237B DMA driven ISA sound cards on
VP3 chipsets, while driving UDMA drives full throttle.

I do have one problem (hard lockup) with driving UDMA full throttle while
banging on a 40x IDE cdrom but at this point its unclear whether its the
drive at fault or the VP3 chipset. Andre has promised to look into it
further.

-Dan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.053 / U:0.328 seconds]