    SubjectRe: Linux-2.2.4..
    On Tue, Mar 23, 1999 at 08:26:42PM -0500, Jeff Millar wrote:

    > The mirrors don't get a copy of the upload very fast...sometimes it
    > seems like days. Often the first mirror to get a new kernel isn't
    > even

    Why _should_ be the first to get the new kernel?

    > Maybe Linus should hold off on the announcement until the mirrors have
    > a change to catch up?...on the existential theory that if a kernel isn't
    > available is it really "out there"?

    I've often thought that, but OTOH it probably isn't really practical. The only
    thing that really bugs me is trying to grab the pre-patches: by the time
    they've arrived at a local mirror or I've managed to actually get onto, they tend to have been superceded, often by the final patch.
    Which kind of defeats the point of making the pre-patches available so people
    can test for problems before the final release.

    Fortune: You will be attacked next Wednesday at 3:15 p.m. by six samuri
    sword wielding purple fish glued to Harley-Davidson motorcycles.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.021 / U:10.040 seconds]