    SubjectRe: Linux-2.2.4..
    Followup to:  <>
    By author: "Alan Olsen" <>
    In newsgroup:

    > > Maybe Linus should hold off on the announcement until the mirrors have
    > > a change to catch up?...on the existential theory that if a kernel isn't
    > > available is it really "out there"?
    > Sounds like we need more of an "rdist" process than a "mirror" process. Maybe
    > the master site needs to push the new version out to the host sites instead of
    > waiting for them to catch up. (Or the master site needs to be off-limits to
    > all but the mirroring machines.)

    Many, but not all, of the LKAMS sites use remotely-activated rsync to
    mirror the archives. Unfortunately, I have little control over which
    ones do.

    "The user's computer downloads the ActiveX code and simulates a 'Blue
    Screen' crash, a generally benign event most users are familiar with
    and that would not necessarily arouse suspicions."
    -- Security exploit description on

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:1.159 / U:2.036 seconds]