SubjectRe: Linux-2.2.4..
Followup to:  <>
By author: "Alan Olsen" <>
In newsgroup:

> > Maybe Linus should hold off on the announcement until the mirrors have
> > a change to catch up?...on the existential theory that if a kernel isn't
> > available is it really "out there"?
> Sounds like we need more of an "rdist" process than a "mirror" process. Maybe
> the master site needs to push the new version out to the host sites instead of
> waiting for them to catch up. (Or the master site needs to be off-limits to
> all but the mirroring machines.)

Many, but not all, of the LKAMS sites use remotely-activated rsync to
mirror the archives. Unfortunately, I have little control over which
ones do.

"The user's computer downloads the ActiveX code and simulates a 'Blue
Screen' crash, a generally benign event most users are familiar with
and that would not necessarily arouse suspicions."
-- Security exploit description on