SubjectRe: Severe file system corruption with 2.2.3 and SCSI
On Sun, 21 Mar 1999, James Rich wrote:

> Folks,
> I have experienced 2 crashes close together on 2.2.3 SMP. I am
> using SCSI and IDE disks. On reboot fsck reports that the filesystems on
> the SCSI disk are corrupt. Running fsck results in an unrecoverable
> error. I have lost my /usr and /home partitions twice in a row. fsck
> reports:
> Error reading block xxxxxx (Read-only filesystem) while doing inode scan.
> Ignore error<y>?

I'm in the process of recovering from a very similiar error. However, I am
getting MEDIUM ERROR entries from the kernel as well... you may want to
check your log files. The errors occur consistantly at the same place, so
it's almost certainly my drive.

Chris Arguin | "...All we had were Zeros and Ones -- And | sometimes we didn't even have Ones."