    SubjectRe: PPP and kernel 2.2.* problems ...
    On Mon, 22 Mar 1999, Vojtech Pavlik wrote:
    > > sorry for the confusion ;)
    >
    > Ahh, okay, thanks for clearing this. Anyway, I know that Linux doesn't have
    > a problem with long uptimes, but pppd seems to ...
    well, could be...

    > I was almost happy I found the bug in pppd that keeps biting me. The pppd
    > after some time of it running (several days) ceases to hear replies from the
    > other side to the LCP echo commands it sends and always hangs up after a
    > pre-defined time after making a connection (2 minutes). This continues until
    > I kill and restart pppd, which I use in the 'demand, persist' mode.
    i'm having some oddities too. but ican't figure out if this is a local
    problem (with provider) or it has to do with 2.2 (i'm installing a new
    kernel every ac-patch ;) so it's really difficult to tell whether
    something REALLY broke between patches unless it stops working.)

    --
    dag wieers, <dag@life.be>, http://dag.life.be/ _| _ _
    for life is quite absurd, (_|(_|(_|