    SubjectRe: #!perl - alternative path to script interpreters - patch to 2.2
    Hi Ben.

    > Perhaps for the sake of portability the best way to approach it
    > would be:

    > #!/usr/local/bin/perl5
    > #!perl
    > <code>

    > On linux systems with this support, /usr/local/bin/perl5 would
    > be checked first, if it isn't there then it looks for relative
    > interpreters for `perl'. This would make your hack more backward
    > compatible.

    Probably a better solution would be a patch which says "First try $CMD
    as given. If that doesn't work, search for `basename $CMD` in some
    standard set of directories...

    Best wishes from Riley.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.018 / U:1.784 seconds]