SubjectRe: libc6, select() and poll()
Date
In article <cistron.36F37532.47E2@ping.be>, Q  <Q@ping.be> wrote:
>This might be a little offtopic, but here it goes:
>
>It seems that people using linux 2.0 with libc6 have either a problem
>with select() or poll(), depending on distribution. People using RedHat
>have a problem with poll(), people with Debian with select().

I don't buy that. Debian has been using a 2.0 kernel and libc6
for almost a year now, and if there was a problem with select()
it would have shown up very very visibly since lots of applications
depend on select() heavily.

Mike.
--
Indifference will certainly be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?