SubjectRe: [patch] acks delayed and then merged in data-segment sent a bitafter
On Tue, 2 Mar 1999, Josip Loncaric wrote:

>I did not try Andrea's latest patch yet, but her earlier patch helped.

You are been very right not trying yesterday night one ;)

>This does seem to be a delayed ACK problem with small message sizes
>(<100 bytes or so). A carefully thought out fix would really help in
>this situation.

My not too much careful thought is that we need to waste some time before
sending the ack in order to optimize TCP behavior. But for raw iteractive
performance we need to disable this timeout. My latest patch (the one send
some minutes ago) does this disabling completly delayed acks if
TCP_NODELAY is set (at least this was my intention, I hope to havn't done
mistakes, I have a little time to play with these high-tech issues...). So
it would be interesting (at least to me) if you could give a try to my
last patch and setting TCP_NODELAY.

BTW, cool and very productive report ;). Thanks.

Andrea Arcangeli

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:1.609 / U:0.084 seconds]