    SubjectRe: [Question] does iput(iget(...)) work?
    It is not that bad.  I iget() an inode that happens to be deleted
    and then I iput() it back with out using it. This seems to be
    something that is not normally done.

    >>>Jan Kara said:
    > This is strange. When you do iget() on some inode an i_count is incremente
    > and inode can't be deleted from disk until i_count is non-zero. Only when

    But the inode was deleted before I called iget()!

    > inode is unlinked and last user does iput() inode is really deleted. But thi
    > messages from ext2 say the inode is already deleted => something is
    > wrong. Your filesystem is corrupted or your code is wrong somehow (I can't
    > just now imagine how, but it might be possible)... No matter what case this
    > is I would run fsck on the filesystem...
    G. Allen Morris III

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.017 / U:1.180 seconds]