    SubjectRe: [OFFTOPIC]: MS Porting Office to Linux?
    In message <199903181214.XAA32237@zipper.zip.com.au>, CaT writes:
    +-----
    | > > Yes.
    | > glibc-2.1 has been (temporarily) removed, until some
    | > political issues are worked out.
    |
    | Yeah. I'm kinda suprised about that not being resolved yet. Basically
    | you had to have been lucky. Either you got it before it was withdrawn,
    | you managed to find it in some dark corner of the net or you managed
    | to get it off a friend who got it. Other then that you're SOL.
    +--->8

    It's on one of Cygnus's machines still; I forget which.

    The "political" issue is that glibc2.1 can't be built with gcc 2.8.1;
    presumably it needs to be rewritten to be compatible with gcc 2.8.1 instead
    of requiring egcs.

    --
    brandon s. allbery [os/2][linux][solaris][japh] allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
    system administrator [WAY too many hats] allbery@ece.cmu.edu