SubjectRe: [patch] fixed af_packet to not lose frames and made us crazy in
On Sat, 13 Mar 1999, Pavel Machek wrote:

>What about kernel telling tcpdump [lost 5 frames here]? It is better
>than silently loosing your frames. It will not go OOM. What do you

I thought about that infact. The only thing I can accpet here is to printk
a warning every time a sock packet is losing a frame. So doing the check
by hand and if it's ok recalling force_ and if it's not ok rejecting the
packet kprinting something.

I have to check but I think that the OOM is not an issue. If we slowdown
so much in tcpdump I think tbusy will be true before we'll have a way to
go OOM. I have to check though, so far this is only a guess.

Andrea Arcangeli