    SubjectRe: [patch] fixed af_packet to not lose frames and made us crazy in
    On Sat, 13 Mar 1999, Pavel Machek wrote:

    >What about kernel telling tcpdump [lost 5 frames here]? It is better
    >than silently loosing your frames. It will not go OOM. What do you

    I thought about that infact. The only thing I can accpet here is to printk
    a warning every time a sock packet is losing a frame. So doing the check
    by hand and if it's ok recalling force_ and if it's not ok rejecting the
    packet kprinting something.

    I have to check but I think that the OOM is not an issue. If we slowdown
    so much in tcpdump I think tbusy will be true before we'll have a way to
    go OOM. I have to check though, so far this is only a guess.

    Andrea Arcangeli

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.020 / U:5.000 seconds]