    SubjectRe: [patch] kstat change to see how much Linux SMP really scale well
    On Sat, 13 Mar 1999, Ingo Molnar wrote:

    >interrupt for more than 10 msecs. If it does then we have bigger problems
    >anyway ...

    Infact people is starting to report that its machine clock is losing time.
    I am fixing it right now. The inserted code is
    really minimal and I think that it worth to have at least the timer irq
    relialable even if irq are disabled on both CPU for a long time.

    I think the main irq bottleneck right now is the scsi subsystem locking
    that according to me has to be rewritten using failsafe mechanizm (not
    spinning spinlocks).

    Comments?

    Andrea Arcangeli

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.023 / U:0.456 seconds]