    SubjectRe: [patch] kstat change to see how much Linux SMP really scale well
    On Sat, 13 Mar 1999, Ingo Molnar wrote:

    >interrupt for more than 10 msecs. If it does then we have bigger problems
    >anyway ...

    Infact people is starting to report that its machine clock is losing time.
    I am fixing it right now. The inserted code is
    really minimal and I think that it worth to have at least the timer irq
    relialable even if irq are disabled on both CPU for a long time.

    I think the main irq bottleneck right now is the scsi subsystem locking
    that according to me has to be rewritten using failsafe mechanizm (not
    spinning spinlocks).

    Andrea Arcangeli

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.018 / U:12.632 seconds]