SubjectRe: [patch] kstat change to see how much Linux SMP really scale well
On Sat, 13 Mar 1999, Ingo Molnar wrote:

>interrupt for more than 10 msecs. If it does then we have bigger problems
>anyway ...

Infact people is starting to report that its machine clock is losing time.
I am fixing it right now. The inserted code is
really minimal and I think that it worth to have at least the timer irq
relialable even if irq are disabled on both CPU for a long time.

I think the main irq bottleneck right now is the scsi subsystem locking
that according to me has to be rewritten using failsafe mechanizm (not
spinning spinlocks).

Comments?

Andrea Arcangeli

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans