SubjectRe: oops
Date
On Fri, 12 Mar 1999 10:48:06 +-100,
Ramon Corominas <ramon@valser.es> wrote:
>Ok, finally i can compile ksymoops, the problem now is how can i get
>oops file, becuse the description that i send some days ago i copied
>manually, so, i don't know how can i get it.

Is the Oops in your syslog files? Probably /var/log/syslog, hunt
through /var/log files. Sometimes an Oops does not get logged because
the machine is so badly affected that syslog does not run. Then you
have to copy the data from the screen into a file by hand or use a
serial console (Documentation/serial-console.txt) and capture the
console output on another machine.

>After read all teh file
>documentation of ksymoops i still don't understand what ksymoops do, so
>please can anybody explain me what it do, and also i suppouse that once
>i have oops file what i have to do is ksymoops < oops.file, but is this
>correct ??

Documentation/oops-tracing.txt says

Quick Summary
-------------

cd /usr/src/linux/scripts/ksymoops
make ksymoops
./ksymoops < the_oops.txt

and send the output the maintainer of the kernel area that seems to be
involved with the problem.

scripts/ksymoops/README says

Note: Unless you tell ksymoops *NOT* to read a particular file, it
will try to read and reconcile almost all possible sources of kernel
symbol information. This is intended for beginners, they just
type

ksymoops < /var/log/syslog

no thinking required.

So you could try what the documentation says.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.035 / U:0.820 seconds]