Subject2.2.2 Configuration file rationalisation
Hi there.

On looking through the configuration files, I came across a case where
it appears to be currently possible to select two mutually exclusive
options, namely the AppleTalk<=>IP recapsulation facility.

At the moment, the relevant part of the configuration file reads as
follows:

Q> dep_tristate 'Appletalk-IP driver support' CONFIG_IPDDP $CONFIG_ATALK
Q> if [ "$CONFIG_IPDDP" != "n" ]; then
Q> bool 'IP to Appletalk-IP Encapsulation support' CONFIG_IPDDP_ENCAP
Q> bool 'Appletalk-IP to IP Decapsulation support' CONFIG_IPDDP_DECAP
Q> fi

The enclosed patch, as well as amending Configure.help accordingly,
changes this to read as follows, which I believe to be more rational:

Q> dep_tristate 'Appletalk to IP driver support' CONFIG_IPDDP $CONFIG_ATALK
Q> if [ "$CONFIG_IPDDP" != "n" ]; then
Q> choice ' Recapsulation support direction' \
Q> "Decapsulate CONFIG_IPDDP_DECAP \
Q> Encapsulate CONFIG_IPDDP_ENCAP" Decapsulate
Q> fi

Comments, anybody?

Best wishes from Riley.

* ftp://ftp.Amush.cx/pub/rhw/Linux
* http://www.Amush.cx/~rhw/kernel.versions.html
[unhandled content-type:application/x-gunzip]

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.038 / U:0.136 seconds]