SubjectRE: ppp-compress-21
On Wed, 10 Mar 1999, Lourdes Jones wrote:

> Now you have me confused. :(
>
> The original post was a collection of different matches for the kernel
> aliases ppp-compress-21 etc. As I understood it, the question boils down to
> "which alias is supposed to go with which kernel module?"
>
> Your reply seems to cover when to use each module rather than what the alias
> to be used for that module supposed to be.
>
> Does your reply mean that it is irrelevant which the base alias used for
> each module is as long as the compression modules desired for the connection
> are loaded?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lourdes

As long as the compression modules _can_ be loaded if requested.
The pppd tries each of the aliases (which get loaded at that time)
until it is satisfied. If it is not satisfied, if writes the log
message you noted and continues without compression.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
***** FILE SYSTEM WAS MODIFIED *****
Penguin : Linux version 2.2.2 on an i686 machine (400.59 BogoMips).

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.308 / U:0.004 seconds]