SubjectRe: Linux-2.2.2, ISDN, network stalls
Hello all,

I am reacting to your postings about the slow network via ISDN
in 2.2.1. I didn't notice this behaviour before you mentioned
it Miquel, but ISDN is also very slow for me in 2.2.1 standard
settings. When downloading a big file from ftp.cistron.nl
(cistron is my ISP) I only got 1 kbyte/sec.

Then I tried the alternetive settings of tcp_sack and tcp_timestamps
as suggested by Michael. They work excellent for me. Throughput
was up to 7 to 8 kbyte/sec with a big file.

Hope that anyone can deduce where the problem lies from this report.

Greetings from Peter.

PS. Miquel ik weet niet wie dit eventueel nog meer zou kunnen
gebruiken. Kan jij het nog naar iemand forwarden indien nodig?

| Peter J. de Vrijer e-mail: peter@pa3ebv.cistron.nl |
| werk: pj.de.vrijer@chw.nl |
| And perhaps the horse will learn to sing |

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.031 / U:0.208 seconds]