SubjectRe: plus plus plus [was: PPP bug]
On 8 Feb 1999, Marc SCHAEFER wrote:

>Mike A. Harris <mharris@ican.net> wrote:
>> from thereon of course one needs to enter AT commands, but as
>> soon as +++ is entered, the modem instantly responds with "OK".
>
>ATS2=255 or modem equivalent. Hangup only on DTR dropping.

It isn't clear to me what you are trying to point out here. I
was just stating that when I type "+++" on any modems around here
with any terminal emulator running, I get an "OK" greeting from
the modem. The modem happily responds to any AT commands i give
it, and stays online. An "ATO" switches back to data mode,
however an ATO will kill the connection on some connection types.
I believe one of the error correction modes disconnected on an
ATO in command mode while online. MNP5? I dunno...

--
Mike A. Harris Linux advocate GNU advocate
Computer Consultant Open Source advocate

News for nerds, stuff that matters: http://slashdot.org