SubjectRe: linux-kernel-digest V1 #3336
Anyone:

Howdy, I am having problems downloading the kernel from the web.

Specifically,
Everytime I try to download from an http mirror the download unzips
the kernel as it gets sent -- the thing is 52 megs. This is
not a real problem programmatically in that the resulting file,
when renamed to blahblah.tar works fine. The problem is more like
one of security, the blahblah.sign file for pgp verification will
fail because it is checked against the blahblah.gz file.

<cringe> I am using IE 4 in Winnt to do the download :>
I am doing the download at work (T1 no ftp) versus from home on my Linux
RH 5.2 box (33.6K) in Netscape or via XFtp.

Thanks,

Will Senn
Software Engineer
Affiliated Computer Services, Retail Solutions
wills@canmax.com, wsenn@bigfoot.com
(972) 541-1600 ext. 4371

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.035 / U:2.336 seconds]