    SubjectLinux-2.2.2-pre2..

    There's a new pre-2 on ftp.kernel.org in testing: this one contains
    various small documentation updates and updates to xconfig, but the
    important parts (and the smallest part of the actual patch) are:

    - shared file lockup fix by Stephen Tweedie
    - my fix for the TCP bug that Ingo found
    - Ingo's io-apic setup fixes, which should finally get rid of the
    spurious apic interrupts with some motherboards and the ExtINT setup.
    - inode leak thing
    - SMP scheduler potential race condition fix
    - sound driver updates
    - partition and disk fixes (2kB blocksize media and some IDE disk
    geometry and irq detection issues).

    None of the fixes are critical to most people, but all of them _can_ be
    critical to people who have seen vulnerabilities in the area. As such, if
    you're happy with 2.2.1 there is no pressing reason to test this patch
    out, but I hope to have the pre-patches so that the final 2.2.2 can be
    left around for a while (CD-ROM manufacturers etc would certainly prefer
    to not see lots of releases).

    Linus

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.033 / U:0.336 seconds]