SubjectRe: Sharing modules between different kernels of same version.
Hi Ely,

> I'm wondering if it's possible to compile two different kernels,
> with varying drivers and architecture, but share a set of compiled
> modules between them?

It probably works most of the time, but there are two gotchas.

(1) The kernel/module interface varies with certain configuration
variables such as CONFIG_SMP and CONFIG_PROCFS. As far as I know,
no one has analyzed out the list of such variables.

(2) Some module options affect code generated in the resident kernel
(yuck). You can find those by grep 'CONFIG_.*_MODULE' over the
kernel source.

Yet more swamps to drain. I feel low just thinking about it.

Michael Elizabeth Chastain
"love without fear"